Sunday 22 May 2011

Elderflower syrup / Bodzaszörp

We are great fans of elderflower drink, so we make lots of them. Yesterday I sieved and bottled 10 liters. I printed the name and year on it and Karina helped me sticking them on the bottles with cellotape. My recipe is the following:
jar of 5 ls
3 kgs sugar
50 gs citric acid
little salicylic
hot water
20 big flowers of elderflower
This year I added some akacia flowers, too, to make the juice even healthier.
I just put all these in the jar, mix them regularly and keep it in my kitchen. After 3 days I sieve and bottle the syrup. It is very thick, you nedd to add lots of water or sparkling water. Delicious throughout the winter, too!





Elkészült újabb 10 l bodzaszörp. Találtam az Urban:Eve-en nyomtatható cetlikéket, azzal gyártottam a szörphöz feliratot. Karina ragasztgatta fel őket az üvegekre celluxszal.
A receptem:
egy ötliteres üveg

3 kg cukor
50 g citromsav
kis szalicil
forró víz
20nagy bodzavirág
Idén tettünk hozzá jó sok akácvirágot is, hogy még egészségesebb legyen. Most is állandóan ezt isszuk, de télen is jólesik újabb és újabb üveget felbontani. Ráadásul az angol vendégek is mindig nagy örömmel szürcsölik a házi bodzaszörpömet:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment